Sunday, March 16, 2008

Respite

The kiddies are gone to Gram and Papa's house this weekend. They will all have a ball, and we'll enjoy something of a break. Don and I used to immediately launch into a whirlwind of activity when the kids left town. We raced about trying to cram in couple time and complete some sort of home improvement project. Not so much this time.
Since I woke up without a fever (I've been running up to 102 the last couple of days.), I went along with Don to drop off the kids. This used to be our crazy day of driving to deliver the children durng a lunch with Gram & Papa followed by a rushed date night where we decided our home project followed by cleaning and laundry catch-up. I had the kids catch up the laundry Friday night, and required their rooms to be clean before they left town. We do projects around the house on a fairly regular basis, and we have quite a bit of time alone together (Yay! Oxymoron...) with the three kiddies all gone to school during the day. Since neither Don nor I feel the old pressure to create a romantic rendezvous, and we don't have a home project waiting in the wings, we're free to enjoy a quiet weekend.

No comments: