Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tender Ignition

I'm thinking of more than one meaning. Legal tender as in what sort of currency or barter can one utilize in the exchange of goods and services. Or the verb indicative of offering something like tendering one's resignation. I'm also thinking squooshy. (Mmmm. Squooshy.) My heart needs to be squooshy; otherwise, I will cease to feel and care.
That means I am open to hurt. I tender the risks of pain and sorrow out of hope for love. What all will be placed in this offering? Name it. Hopes, dreams, disappointments, wonder, defeat, sacrifice, time, money, thoughts, hurts, joys, desires, words, but, most of all, want will be placed on the altar. I tender my heart because it must be tender or it becomes hard. What I want will be in submission to what I hope. And rather than a cold, hard heart, I will burn with the all-consuming fire that refines.

No comments: