Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sleepless

Flattened this week by the latest rendition of the Creeping Crud, I submitted to a batch of prescriptions that included a round of steroids. Ugh. The advent of Prednisone heralded skipped coffee because those nasty little pills can make one mean, jumpy, hungry... and (seeing the clock register 3:30 at the base of my screen...) sleepless. Not that it mattered. In one of those forehead-smacking, little, V8 Juice moments, I discover that the coffee would not have mattered because I remain wide awake at this ridiculous hour anyway. Which makes it likely that liberal, perhaps even copious quantities of coffee will be poured down Mommy's gullet in the a.m. enabling wakefulness in the daylight hours for one doubly jittery Mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man...feel better soon. Isn't illness ironic sometimes?

Leanne said...

Yuck. I hope you're better soon. The camp musical sounded terrific and hysterical too. Did you get a video? Oh, and I want to be a part of your church...it sounds more fun than mine. Might be time to do some church shopping...