Thursday, June 17, 2010

Unrelated

  • I took the Boy in to have the dentist say Evan can have the solid food we have been giving him for 24 hours. I ended up having two crowns. (The intervening story isn't very interesting, but what you imagine fills in the space between those sentences could be, so I will leave you to it, Gentle Reader.)
  • Little Bit is trying to figure out how she can parlay her future goals of writing and burger flipping into a sustainable income that will satisfy requirements for her to eventually adopt a baby. I'm not sure what makes the kid tick, but it's always intriguing to hear what is rattling around in her skull at any given moment.
  • The Boy needs a job. Well, he needs a job if he wants to drive at some point in the next couple of years. He wants to work at Local Market. Since Local Market has not called him back, he is willing to consider Take-out Pizza as a potential employer.
  • Middle Child is going to Mexico next month. The headlines are threatening me with the heebie-jeebies. She is going as part of a team who will be building a home for a family that would otherwise go without, and their need persists despite the dangers in the country.
  • The mister and I need a honeymoon. We did not take one after our wedding, but perhaps we will get around to it one of these days. Or at least a nap.
  • The local food pantry has specific needs. After talking to a representative, it has become somewhat clear that most people do not ask what those might be. Little Bit and I are headed over to the grocer's with the Pantry's shopping list. I find their list far more motivating than my own.

No comments: