Thursday, February 19, 2009

Feted

Happy Birthday to me a few days after the fact. Don took Middle Child out last week to shop for my gift. She considered the wonders of the Burt's Bees line, but she had something else in mind to mark Mama's 35th birthday. Miss Katie headed for the toy department rather than risk giving Mama a gift that could possibly say, "maturing skin". She was prepared to spend her hard-earned baby-sitting money on an almost original sock monkey which was just a tad out of her price range. The two of them eventually returned home with a carefully selected gift that stayed within her budget, but left Mama's feet feted.

4 comments:

Fannie said...

*cough* *sputter* *sob* You are not OLD enough to have mature skin! And the slippers are adorable, my girls would covet them if they knew of their existence.

Anonymous said...

I think warm toes are a safer bet than buying products for "mature" skin. Oy! You dont' look a day older than 25!

Dot O said...

Love those socks! I wear my Life is Good socks faithfully to bed but they're not near as cute as yours.

Happy 35th B'day. Hope it was a good one!

Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods. Earlier today I was actually thinking about "opening that box".....

Unknown said...

Now seriously, it doesn't get any better than this : ). So cute. Happy Birthday!