Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Grape

Warning: rant coming. I pinched a few pennies (well, make that quarters) and bought a less expensive laundry detergent. Apparently the price difference was in the fragrance. My clean laundry smells like--- kid you not--- grapes. Actually, not even grapes (which really have very little scent), but grape scent. Like a lollipop or grape bubble gum. Bleah. Color me unimpressed. The stinky scent has resulted in a wrestling match between my "waste not, want not" mentality and the growing desire to pour the entirely offensive detergent down the drain. So, for the moment, I have settled by using it on the kids' laundry and being very, very glad that it was not a big bottle.
Okay, enquiring minds want to know, and "Wow! Is my face red..." after reading the horror-show name of this stuff. Ready? Okay. The badness is, "all small & mighty... with the essence of blue sparkle with Cuddle-up Fresh scent Snuggle". The disturbing inability to decide when to use capitalization is courtesy of the All label. Had I read the label, anything that has "blue sparkle" scent would have failed to make it into my shopping bag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew! fake grape! that's terrible! You must tell me what kind it was so I never make that mistake.

dabshire4 said...

I like grape....

Fannie said...

Only surpassed in stinkiness by fake peach.

Beth said...

Have you noticed that everything comes in multiple scents now? Whatever happened to "just plain clean"?