Monday, June 9, 2008

Lunch

Do not worry about what you will eat or drink... unless it is lunch time and your Mom is scrapbooking instead of preparing your food. I'm not sure where that one is at in the Bible, but it might appear in the New Testament somewhere. At least according to my kids. Despite having never missed a meal, they become mildly alarmed when I fail to announce what will comprise their next meal because I am in the midst of a task that has wholly absorbed my limited attention. Today I was trying to express my thoughts on having visited the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camps while in Poland, and I was struggling to find words that could begin to convey the history and emotion I discovered in that place. Somehow, the thought of food was far from my mind. Go figure.

3 comments:

dabshire4 said...

Thus sayeth the Lord....

Lori said...

Yeah! I've seen it! It's in the RSV - the Reviled Substandard Version! My kid(s) point it out to me regularly.

Anonymous said...

Imagine. I feed mine 5 times a day.