Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tag, You're It...

Silly boy. I took the three kids down to the park late this evening. I was yakking away on the cell phone with my Dad. My son decided that the kids should play tag. He also stated that I should keep talking to Granddad because I would be unable to catch any of them with my shaky, old-lady legs. 'Scuse Me?!
This is where I point out that I ran track. I walk for miles. What's the Boy mean I can't catch three kids? Oh, no he didn't. "Sorry, Daddy, I've got to go whomp on your grandson. Bye!" I snapped the phone shut, and shot a meaningful look at Katie (who has played tag with me recently--- and lost because they are not wee little people on whom I will go easy any longer). Evan and Erin (who correctly figured splitting up would be boring since Mom was going to be after big brother) started to run as Katie declared that we were "it".
I figured strategy would be our strong suit. We let them run until they thought to look back at us sipping our fruit punch from the stone picnic table as they gasped to catch their breath. Then we started to slowly walk toward them. There was running, laughing, yelling, and some taunting. Eventually I caught Erin who didn't really mind since she caught me right back before declaring that we were both "it". I figured it was better to let Evan go until he got sloppy. He found himself a cushy hiding spot down hill and slightly out of view--- or so he thought. Hee.
The Boy never saw me coming. I sprinted up and over his hill appearing almost right on top of him shrieking my victory cry. He did try to run at that last minute, but his baby sister cut him off. He tried to declare his bike as "base" but that didn't stop either his mom or his sisters from tackling him. It was glorious fun. Whoo-Hoo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go get him! I love tag--but I'm not so keen on the running. More on the outsmarting.