Thursday, January 5, 2012

Illustrated

Skater Girl's 5th Grade class has been talking about point of view. The class, who have been steeped in Stranger Danger warnings from a very early age, found the whole idea of third person point of view disturbing. I failed to understand why they were concerned even after the teacher's example story of a family eating dinner that included the parents and children for first person and an observer for third person was related. Skater Girl literally drew me a picture as an explanation:
Point of View Illustration By Skater Girl

4 comments:

czstout said...

LOL...stalker guy :]

still grooven said...

oh, the omnipotent stalker POV... LOL... i have such mixed emotions about the imaginative mind of this skater girl. my first instinct was to belly laugh because i could see my students drawing the same picture. my second instinct was concern for the way this new generations minds work.

Anonymous said...

"A stalker"--that just tickled my funny bone as a former English teacher!

Shelley said...

Hahahaha! Sometimes a picture can help clarify much more than we expected!