Saturday, May 17, 2008

Vision


This possibly derelict piece of property has captured my imagination. I look at it, and I see more than an abandoned concrete shell squatting on a plot of weeds with hollow eyes. I see it as a possibility. My first words as we walked by this place were, "Hey! That's my house!" (I wondered how Don would respond to that one.) Shelley piped up to create a dream. Her words described this particular building as a ministry center.

On returning home, I realized that I have more photos of this building than anything else or anywhere else that was seen during our travels. It serves as an inspiration, and I don't feel that I can accurately communicate the variety of thoughts and ideas that this place represents. I have an image in my head of it as it could be with the doors on the right serving as an entrance into a place where European hospitality serves a cup of tea or coffee along with an offer of something more substantial. A place where not only are there biscuits and sandwiches, but where the gospel breathes.

A light to shine in the darkness. A place that is "not Polish", but that clearly celebrates all that is Polish. A place that will see shrines and strongholds crumble through Bible studies that equip people to see truth, and where scripture set to music can speak to the ear and the soul, and where a simple cup of coffee or tea can be an invitation to join the family.

1 comment:

Laura said...

When I began reading this post, I thought you were going a totally different direction... like maybe telling that this was where the homeless live, etc. Instead, I was blown away by the idea that your family could have a long-term ministry in Poland. How cool!

Love,
Laura