Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Superdad

With two days until departure for Poland, I am attempting to finish up my travel preparations while staying ahead of my normal household responsibilities. My leaving with the laundry caught up, pantry stocked, bills paid, and a meal or two prepared ahead will make Don's life easier during my absence. (Even Superdad can benefit from a running start.)
Thankfully, the kids are all in school, so Don can get in a full day's work without interruption. We have managed to keep the calendar relatively open during the week that I am gone so he won't have to juggle birthday parties, doctors' appointments, or school functions during his single parent days. He will be attending Katie's guitar "parent show-off", chauffeuring for an end-of-year laser tag party, getting the whole crew to church, and taking the kids to a family potluck dinner.
I know that he can manage all the tasks that are typically divided into categories loosely defined as "his", "hers", and "ours", but I still want to minimize as much of the extra "to-do" since he will be filling the Mom-sized hole I am leaving in our family for eight days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be that nice to Mr. D, but he appreciated me SO MUCH MORE when he had to run panicked ALL WEEK LONG. But even with the "running start," he learned so much...