Thursday, May 29, 2008

Low End

Mmmhmm. My spouse informs me that he dragged his monstrous (and oh-so-ugly) bass cabinet into the middle of the living room while I was away. He is rather pleased with himself as he relates the fun of plugging in his bass on a whim throughout the day to drown the house in low-end sound waves. Mmmhmm. He grins at me (with far more charm than is good for him to have) and informs me that it was the only good thing about me being in Poland. The big, bad bass amp is now relegated back into its home--- a place of relative obscurity in a corner of our bedroom squished between the wall and the chest of drawers. I am very content with that location since the thing was right in our living room causing frequent comment for years--- admiration from musicians with spouses who would not have such a monstrosity dominating the rest of the house and queries from those who were not of a musical persuasion as to just what the behemoth was doing in the living room. I am glad that Don enjoyed his wild and crazy bachelor days while I was gone. It is not good for the man to be alone.

No comments: