Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meet


The times to meet with assorted friends and supporters are already beginning to fill in my calendar. Today will see opportunities to begin and end the day with two dear friends who were each great encouragement to go out into the wide world. Sylvia and I are meeting for breakfast. She has filled my ears with tales of the wonders to be found in Germany for years and I am excited to share my own experiences. Germany was not a fun place for me, but Sylvia had prepared me well for the uh-oh I waded into there! (Incidentally, Sylvia's suitcase did arrive yesterday from its extended visit in Munich.)
I will close out the day with Ally and her family (her parents Marsha and Gordon are in town). Ally's Mom and I have had some interesting moments via e-mail over the past weeks as we relate the similarities and differences in our experiences and observations in Poland.
Marsha and her husband were stationed in Warsaw during the communist years. Marsha actually had to fly out to Frankfurt when she reached her eighth month of pregnancy with Ally in order to deliver, and then mother and infant returned to Poland one week after the birth. The family certainly has a special link to the country that has captured my heart, and I am thrilled to see them so soon after returning!

No comments: