Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday

I keep hitting the "refresh" button on my browser. The weather tab is showing a temp in the high sixties at an hour 'til noon. In September. In Texas. Even more bizarre, are forecasts indicating temps only expected to hit the high seventies for highs this week. Crazy world. I do love this year's unexpected cool days in what are normally the miserably hot months of August and September. It gives me hope that perhaps this year will see something closer to a real winter rather than the usual trend of mowing the lawn for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Weather aside, it is Monday. I love Monday because it means going off to play with Favorite Girl Baby (FGB) during one of her now multiple daily "alert times". How precious those hours with this sweet girl who will not remember the care given to her. Still, I am thankful for the opportunity to just pour a little love into this sweet child. Her middle sister is another favorite, but she goes down for her nap shortly after I arrive so there is less opportunity for me to botch her schedule. She is two, and some days she is my precious friend while others times she meets me with great suspicion. (2 year-old is the child found in a July post about how I am occasionally so Not the Mama she hopes to find in her kitchen.) Today I plan to do a better job of putting FGB down on time. Last week and the week before I was busted playing with the wee one when she was seriusly supposed to be sleeping. Uh-oh. While I am pleased to have passed on from the Pre-K days with my own brood, I do delight in sharing them with these other children of my heart.
So I am off to play with little ones while reveling in today's lovely coolness. Ahhh. It just does not get much better than this. Well, it could be better if it was cool enough to need a coat. And gloves. And a scarf to wrap around my Strep-ridden throat (Several days worth of antibiotics mean the contagion has been halted so I can play with the wee charges...) and I could really get into a little cool weather.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey! I've got an almost 2 year old you could come play with!!