Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Thing

Ooooh. I woke up this morning to the usual lovely scent of coffee wafting from the kitchen. And some ridiculously loud banging on the front door which set off crazy over-protective dog barking prior to 8:00 a.m. The banging would likely have inspired something of a less-than-pleasant greeting, except that the banger had something that made up for the banging.
The lovely new range and dishwasher (washer to be installed tomorrow) have arrived. The range is ready to go, and now the only real question is "Whatever should the inaugural use be?" Something mundane like a grilled cheese sandwich or a casserole seems wrong. There would be drama if I found myself cooking another big holiday meal like the ones that killed off the pretty's predecessor. There's not anything I feel like baking right now. So the range will just have to sit in it's spot looking lovely for a bit while I try to determine the answer to the Question of the Ages: "What's for dinner?"

3 comments:

Fannie said...

I got a new range last summer - I am STILL in love!

Leanne said...

Ooooh. It's so pretttty! It would be a shame to get it dirty by using it. I say order in until a really big occassion arrives. :)

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! I think I'd do the same thing--it seems so wrong to cook Mac & Cheese as a first meal on such a stove!