Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sock Monkeys and the Pottery Fairy

Sure enough. We did find the Christmas jammies were not all gone from Target. And there was something even better than pink Christmas kittens. Or even gingerbread sock monkeys. There were--- oh, be still my heart, Santa Sock Monkeys with strings of lights, presents, Christmas trees, stockings, and candy canes strewn about a bubble gum pink background. Kitschy. And absolutely laughter inducing.

And. The something that gives me a bigger jolly than sock monkeys is Polish pottery. A week or so ago, the FedEx guy dropped off a box with lovely pottery tucked inside. "Whoo-Hoo!", says I. But yesterday something even better happened. While I was sleeping off the yuck-fest of a post-infusion hangover, the Pottery Fairy dropped by and left a lovely bowl. and. a. free. donut. coupon. Pottery Fairy, you rock! Thanks.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Ohhh. I love that blue. I didn't get any Polish pottery this Christmas. I think I'd better go and complain to hubby about that! I did however get kitshy pjs. Mine have chocolates all over them. We're sorta twins! :)

Fannie said...

We love all things monkey over here.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous gift! I'm talking the pottery--the monkeys are just silly and fun;)