Friday, December 12, 2008

Kneeling

"So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor. Give all your cares and worries to God, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

Ah. There it is. The words are striking, and I am thankful for the friend who shared them not knowing how they were needed. Care-worn and sick of being bombarded with worries which I would normally just put aside in relative confidence after addressing them, I am completely burnt out. Adrenaline can get a girl through a moment of uh-oh, but constant adrenaline to push, push, push and go, go, go just makes for weariness, irritability, and eventually anger. So walking or running, I try again to pass my cares and worries to the One with the ability to carry the burdens that bring me to my knees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Casting--casting--casting--it is easier than worrying, so why do we forget?

Perceptions said...

Friday was wonderful getting to hang out with you! Wish we had more times to do that... But now it's your time to rest, relax and refresh! Don't schedule anything. :)