Thursday, July 24, 2008

And they're off...

And they're off... my Dad's maroon Chevy Silverado rolled away from the curb in front of the house this morning headed north toward an IHOP in search of breakfast on the road. Inside the vehicle were my Dad and my three children. The whole crew is headed for Joplin, Missouri where they will join my Mom. Tomorrow after Grandma gets off work, the kids and both grandparents will pack up to head for Branson, MO to take in the wonders of Silver Dollar City and similar attractions. My kids are big fans of tourist traps (as am I, I must confess...), so Branson will be a dream vacation right up there with Disney and Sea World parks.

Two hours later:
As I head for the hall restroom what do I spy with my little eyes? Granddad's hanging bag full of his clothes for the remainder of the trip. Uh-oh. I call him immediately, but the travellin' man and his herd of followers are ninety miles into their trip. There will be a revolt should that truck make a u-turn in order to head back here now. I'm off to ship the bag to the hotel in Branson where it will await their arrival tomorrow...

Forty-five minutes later...
Or not. UPS charges $16 for the size box needed to hold the folded-up garment bag. The shipping for overnight would be $98, or for the next day $62. Apparently the bag only held shirts. Since Dad had everything else from medications to shorts in another bag, the hanging bag will be hanging in my closet when he returns for it later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!