Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boogers

I don't get it. As I scanned the headlines online this morning, I was a little thrown by an article regarding cloning Boogers. Booger was a dog. Booger's owner paid the bargain rate of $50,000 to have her dog cloned after the critter's death in 2006. (The cost to have your pooch genetically reproduced is estimated at up to $150,000, but the Boogers' owner helped with publicity so she got a deal.) Yesterday, I posted the web address for a site detailing an opportunity to assist a family who are in the midst of raising the necessary funds to bring their daughter home from Guatemala. Today, I am nauseated by a woman who spent more than double the cost of bringing home baby to have her dog (okay, her beloved dog-who-saved-her life) cloned. Of the five cloned Boogers, two will be donated as service dogs while three will return to the owners' property to live amongst the other critters. Okay, I do get it, but it still bugs me.

3 comments:

Lori said...

me either, sister, me either.

Anonymous said...

Proof that humanity has gone to the dogs. Pun intended.

Fannie said...

Nope, don't care how you spin this - I don't understand.