Thursday, March 12, 2009

I love tomorrow.

My favorite thing to not do is clearing and organizing my desk. (That is why the mister and I chose the desk that can be closed up, right?!) Except that I became unnerved by a pile of papers that grew up behind the screen of the laptop. It was beginning to overtake the screen in height. There was a little something overtly threatening about that pile o' papers. And the sheer mystery of just what in the world was in that pile was starting to pique enough interest to overcome the general procrastination that allowed said pile to grow up nice and tall. *sigh*

Imagine my surprise to discover that a quarter of the pile wasn't even mine! It was stuff that the kiddies had contributed. The amount of paper sent home by the schools (especially when Mom and Dad have specifically requested e-mail communication to minimize the paper trail) is astounding. All of that important stuff headed right to the recycling. Ugh. Unfortunately, the other three-quarters is all mine. Yuck. There is a strong temptation to just shred the pile, toss it in the recycle bin, and deal with the consequences of anything important or that required action on my part later.

1 comment:

The Big Burbs said...

Oh the sun'll come out...tomorrow!
er, sorry.

You're right, those paper piles are such a nuisance!