Monday, March 30, 2009

Well Rounded

Last week my feet ate up over forty miles of ground here in Pleasant Suburb. I lost between one and three pounds. Then I realized that I was wearing a pair of one and a half pound weights. I stepped back on the scale last night with the request that my mister do the honors. He informed me that I have lost four pounds. Much more gratifying than the original weight displayed.
Besides, this weekend saw one of those awful trips to the store in search of jeans. (Only thing worse is a similar trip targeting swimsuits. Yuck.) The dressing room yielded the gratifying news that my unfortunate weight gain has not increased my clothing size. Well, not exactly. My new jeans are exactly the same brand and size as my old jeans. They just look like they were spray-painted on me. It's a custom fit. Really.

2 comments:

The Big Burbs said...

4lbs. already, well done!
Yes, and we all know that some people are willing to pay through the nose for those very "custom fit" jeans.
PS. I saw your comment at Green Girl today and I'm convinced we're living parallel lives. ;)

Fannie said...

Second party verification? I guess you don't do that whole hop on - hop off until the number says what you want it to?