Monday, March 16, 2009

Pushy

I keep reminding myself that this body is only temporary. It does not always do quite what I want it to do. So I push the boundaries with a bit of stubborn can-do. This morning Lori and I trekked our three miles in foggy and damp. We skipped some of our hills and dales because those would not have been quite as doable for me and my old-lady, arthritic joints. But we did cover our distance. My mister was not entirely pleased that I was out walking with the aid of a cane. I figure the cane prevents me from falling or sustaining an injury, and the thing is supposed to increase my mobility--- not limit it.
My five pound weight loss is now up to seven. We've also been exercising just enough for the fat and muscle to separate out so that clothes don't fit quite right and my lower half looks way gross. (If you have never gotten fat and then lost the weight by exercising, this phenomenon is just part of the fun on the weigh down.) It's like the body is saying, "Ew! Exercise is bad. It makes your wiggle more jiggly. Stop exercising and have a cookie!" At least that's what I am hearing. I may just have that cookie, but there is no real temptation to stop walking with Lori or my mister. I love the company, and those arthritic joints need to be exercised to help keep them functioning.

3 comments:

B said...

Yea for you, Holly! To walk on a day when the weather isn't optimal puts you in a whole new category - COMMITTED! (And I don't mean to a mental facility.) I'm very proud of you and Lori. Walk on, girls!

The Big Burbs said...

Awesome job!

You're motivating me to stop poppin' the chocolates and get off my knittin' duff!

Leanne said...

Good for you! I hear the cookies calling me too. Why do they do that?