Thursday, March 19, 2009

Zoom Zoom

I have reached a new level of Bad Mom. The Boy's birthday always falls around Spring Break, is three days before our anniversary, and last year was Easter Sunday. Eesh. With a tight focus on Spring Break, I failed to pay attention to the big picture this week. The Boy's Happy Day is suddenly only four days away. And no plans whatsoever had been made when I popped out of bed this morning to mark the occasion.
I dashed off an early morning e-mail to the moms whose addresses were in my address book and was gratified to receive quick replies with affirmative responses. Evan helpfully phoned the rest of his buddies who were game for a slightly last-minute get-together. Our house will officially be a plastic sword armory and video game convention Saturday afternoon for a few hours. Now on to the party supply gathering, food and beverages for the Boybarian horde, and purchasing the gift. If I can throw together a wedding in three days, surely a fourteenth birthday party can be arranged in a similar time frame.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like the perfect party for boybarians (love that!). I'm reminded that your Evan and my Aaron share that special day! How cool.

Anonymous said...

I think it'll work. They will make their own fun:) You're not a bad mom--we didn't do ANY parties last year--none at all (lots of reasons for it though) and I forgot to send a treat to school with Mr. B. BAD MOM!

Fannie said...

I have this problem with Precious Oldest - born on Christmas day.