Monday, December 14, 2009

Talk

One can only imagine what was said around the water cooler well in Nazareth a couple of thousand years ago. Somehow, it seems likely in my imagination that Mary had traded her normal life that was planned to include Joseph, a home, and their children for being a topic. And I doubt many were buying immaculate conception aside from Elizabeth, John, and Joseph.
I wonder at Mary. She took on the likely ridicule of sporting the best known baby bump ever, and in return had the opportunity to raise the only perfect child ever born. She also followed her sinless firstborn to His death so He could save us all. I really wonder at Mary. I can only imagine the kind of Faith that would allow one to put aside ordinary dreams to step into the most extraordinary circumstances of any mother throughout all of time.

No comments: