Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Answers

Yesterday was a banner day. We have a new roof. My car has new tires, a new door-switch thingy to make my interior lights turn off when they are supposed to, and the wheels are all aligned so I don't wear out those new tires. Yay! I am thankful that we are blessed to have what is needed--- and far beyond necessity. God is so generous.
I heard from relatives I have been praying for and thinking of--- and they all had great news to share. My brother Jim has had his orders rescinded so he will be able to care for his wife Neely in her loss late Sunday of a very close aunt. God answered prayers for Jim to be able to comfort Neely in a spectacular way. The pair were with the aunt in her last day, the couple were together when the news came, and Jim is available to Neely in this week of preparation for the memorial. God is good, and He answered prayers for Jim to be with his wife with a resounding "Yes!" that went far beyond what I would even think to ask.
My Dad will not have to endure his quarterly treatment for his cancer this go round! He will be spared the indignities and exhaustion of the treatments--- and he is definitely in a celebratory mood. After hearing from my brother and my Dad yesterday, I was ready to just start indiscriminately answering the phone to see if there was more good news coming out of it.

No comments: