Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ouch

Infusion day is here again. My nurse Cathy should arrive sometime in the next hour. I am not exactly looking forward to this infusion. I suspect that pumping up my immune system is not going to lead to great joy since said immune system is currently whacking away at my joints. It's been a nice long year with fewer flares of the thoroughly disliked arthritis. I hope this one will pass, and that it will be a very log time before I have another one. I am definitely loving the heated throw that we bought while the heater was broken earlier this winter. It's like wrapping myself up in a giant heating pad.
I have not enjoyed having to explain my health issues to the new friends we have made over the last year. I'm never sure if I am giving too much infortmation or not enough. I do not want to leave someone with unanswered questions, but I do not want to overwelm them with unecessary details. I feel more at ease with long-time friends and family who "get it". I so appreciate the people who will offer the explanation to the well-meaning questioner, know that opening a door or a jar is too much to ask, and anticipate the help that will be needed before I get stuck.
Sunday was humbling because I was cruising into the church with the despised cane that has been blessedly unused since last year. It was very good once we finally made it into the building to be warmly welcomed by Mike and Abigail when it was such a trial just to get out the door, drive to the church, and traverse the giant parking lot with three kids trying to "help" Mom. I found it entirely satisfying and appropriate to collapse into a chair just as the worship leaders launched into the line "Hear I am to worship".

No comments: