Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Good Stuff

Sylvia rocks, and so does her yummy soup. Chicken noodle soup is a needful thing when one has a yucky head cold that has grown nasty little friends to make an infecton. (Ew.) There is no chicken noodle soup that is quite as good as Sylvia's soup. I have offered to fake illness for that soup, and I am not alone. It is worth being sick to receive this ambrosia. "Soup is good food." has no real meaning until a spoonful of this stuff has passed through one's lips. Yes, it really is that good.
Sylvia's soup is one of the specialties that come to mind when I think of the cooks I really appreciate. (Erin prefers Miss Sylvia's fajitas, but Erin doesn't like soup so I choose to disregard her vote.) Denise has that to-die-for blueberry bread. Ally makes phenomenal jerk chicken. Donna started a spinach dip recipe that has now been widely adopted. My mom's "Shower Salad" and my mother-in-law's sweet potatoes are both pretty well perfect. Daddy's chicken & dumplings and fajitas. There are other dishes that these folks make that are really yummy, but these are the goodies that no one else makes just exactly the way they do even when a recipe is shared.

No comments: