Monday, November 19, 2007

Cheap Pie

Whoo-hoo!!! The super-shopper strikes again! Tonight I outdid myself on baked goodies. 4 pies, 4 dozen rolls, and a tub of Cool Whip for $5.75... and the cashier then printed me out a coupon for $5 off my next shopping order. Yay!!! My cheap little heart grew three sizes today.

I think my children may have been switched at birth. I baked an apple pie. An ooey-gooey, warm-from-the-oven apple pie for their dessert. The friend who was sleeping over proclaimed, "It's PIE! Don't ask questions. Just eat it." (That's a smart one there!) My lovies tasted the pie. Both girls put it aside after a single small bite. Evan inhaled the crust and topping, but left behind the cinnamon apples. How can they not like apple pie?! (I am convinced that is somehow un-American.) They have suggested we have pumpkin or chocolate pie in the future.

No comments: