Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks

A whole day devoted to giving thanks, pie, good food, pie, family, football, and pie. (The boy should also be out of his room again, too.) Well, we'll probably skip the football (Yeah, yeah, I know that is sacrilege.), and pie will be a higher priority; otherwise, the preceding should describe our day.

There will only be chocolate or pumpkin pies offered today. I know it doesn't sound right. Don's the only one who likes pecan pie, and I'm the only one who likes apple pie. A whole pie that only one family member will eat seems like an expand-o-matic waist waiting to happen. Let's just not go there.

I am thankful that I can walk for miles... quitting only because I am bored with walking or short on time. I am thankful for the giant blond dog who is laying at my feet because he thinks I need guarding when I wake up at 2:30 in the morning, and for the foolish kitten making guerilla attacks on his wagging tale. I thank God for the four other people sleeping soundly while I am awake listening to the wind blow in the trees.

I am thankful for the family and friends who share our lives, and for Christ who gives us all purpose and hope. I am thankful for Oren who will receive his Master's in a couple of weeks, for Lou who already did, for Jim who completed his Air Force training, for Evan who is back in school, for Erin who remains the family comedienne, and for Kaitlin who chooses not to grow up quite so fast. I am thankful for Mary Ann and Daddy who always answer the phone. I am thankful for Sylvia, Ally, and Meera who almost always know the answer---even if that just means knowing when to admit there is no answer. For Neely's Aunt Worma who keeps going. For Cindy who turns 30 today. For Mom who took off work to come. For Don's excisions, Daddy's washes, answers and grace for Cindy & Oren, and my IVIG. For a year without a near-death experience. Brittany who was baptised on Sunday. Our Life Group. Loving Your Husband AGAIN with Sarah and Brittany. The list goes on and on. The Lord is good to us.

No comments: