Friday, November 30, 2007

Generally Uninspired

I am lacking in inspiration this afternoon. The gray day may be contributing to my general blah. The high point of the day is yet to come though. Katie will be back home from her three-day trip at 3:00! I am looking forward to hearing all about her adventures while she was away from us. I am so ready to see her beautiful freckled face.

I did get in to have my cortisone injected this morning. I did not enjoy the experience. (That's good since it's creepy when people enjoy pain.) Now I am supposed to "take it easy" for 24 hours. It's worth it to have the injections done because there is substantial pain relief and better mobility for almost a year afterward. (Yay!)


Last night was blissfully uneventful with the kids. Everyone went to bed without a battle. Evan and Erin did their chores with only token resistance. I was up for hours after the kiddies went to sleep on the phone with Dad, then Mom, then engaging in round two of post-infusion nausea. This is one of those infusions where stuff hurts and food is not my friend. I hope that does not last all weekend.


Good news from Dad: Aunt Retha's oxygen was turned off this morning, and she seemed to still be getting enough oxygen on her own. She may be breathing without the respirator today. She developed some secondary infections (allergies and bladder, I think) that were a concern yesterday. We continue to wait for more news and pray.

No comments: