Tuesday, November 20, 2007

One More

One more is a recurring them around here. Today we celebrate one more birthday. This morning there is one more kid on-hand. I need one more cup of coffee. I hope I don't have to go back to quiet the boys' noise level one more time. (I could hear them from next door while talking with Mrs. Carol & Mr. Art after our walk.) I am being asked one more question by one more child...

Don turns 35 today. The day will be otherwise ordinary. He picked out his own gifts over the weekend, and there was no point in wrapping them. He feels like there have been too many sweets and meals out recently with Erin's birthday last Thursday. My in-laws called to wish him a "Happy Birthday!" which is apparently to be the only celebratory moment. I did not even realize today was the 20th until he mentioned that his mother called and why. It seems wrong to have a birthday just pass like any other day, but that is what we are doing.

No comments: