Sunday, November 11, 2007

Chili

Hmmm. A blog was suggested, and now I am getting around to it.

Today I am all about the chilis. Well, the dried chilis anyway. I have discovered the wonder of ancho chili that I can shake out of the jar. (Are anchos dried habaneros? I think so, but I am not sure. Sylvia is bound to know because I am pretty sure she is an expert on habaneros.) It makes a nice addition to the regular Cayenne, Garlic, and Cumin. I kept adding the chili powder waiting for the taco meat to be just right. I may have been overenthusiastic in my use of spices; however, Evan (who complains bitterly about regular pepper being too spicy) asked for seconds so it must not have been too hot. The real test will be Katie. That child can detect the slightest variation in food. It's both a source of pride and a major annoyance.

2 comments:

simplysarah said...

mmmmm....chili's. I love spicey food.

Laura said...

Go Holly -

I'm officially cheering you on from the sidelines!

Can't wait to keep in touch via this very technological mode of communication!

From the sticks,
Laura