Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Adrenaline

Wheee! The adrenaline coursing through me packs a pretty serious wallop. I just cut Katie's hair. (Yes. You read correctly. I just cut Katie's hair.) I gave all the appropriate warnings about the likelihood of me botching it. (Never mind that this is the child who would cut her bangs off at the crown every six months between the ages of 1 1/2 and 4 years of age. I can see where she would lack concern about what I might do to her hair with scissors.) I also considered taking her to a salon, but I just spent two weeks correcting my last haircut to get it right so I am feeling a bit gun shy when it comes to the pros.
She looks good. I cut layers in to give her more texture, and we cut off 6 inches or so. (It was touching her caboose when we started. We had some wiggle room.) She looks great, and she is very pleased with her new 'do. We did have to go back to cut in more "wispies". (I'm not a fan of wispies. They bug me by slipping into my face at the least convenient moments.) I think she looks slightly older with her hair shaped instead of in the usual blunt cut.

1 comment:

dabshire4 said...

And FYI, it's pronounced "add-ree-line" according to a coach health teacher we knew from highschool...