Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sweeties

Oooooh. I saw Paula Deen make these yummy-looking mint cookies last week on t.v. (Apparently everyone else in the world saw her make them, too because peppermint patties have become strangely scarce at every store this week. I did manage to procure some of the sought-after mint patties.) Place a peppermint patty between two slices of store-bought sugar cookie dough and pinch the edges together to seal. Brush on a little egg yolk and press some pecan pieces into the top of the cookie. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for about 10 minutes at 350 for some serious cookie goodness. Personally I can recommend paring one with a cup of hot tea, the girls suggest a glass of milk, and I suspect coffee would also be good. (Don recommends I make these cookies since he will stay slim through the holidays if I put mint in all the sweeties.) It is very good that I have made the cookies because I am happy to have one cookie, but those peppermint patties are not exactly satisfying in a quantity of one... unless we're talking about one handful of mints (with a chaser of antacid).
(Mom and Dad are here. More later....)

No comments: