Sunday, December 16, 2007

Medley

Apparently there is confusion as to what is included in "Mommy's Christmas Medley". Let me clarify: whatever pops into Mommy's head. It usually begins with Rudolf the Red-nosed reindeer in it's entirety. The next minutes (or hours!) are filled with fresh interpretations of classic Christmas lyrics like the following rendition of a basic Mommy Medley.
Deck the halls with bows of a holly, jolly Christmas this year. Here comes Santa Claus with all those reindeer pullin' on his sleigh... Frosty the snowman had two button... er, eyes made out of coal...We'll have a blue Christmas without you. Ooooh Woooh Ooooh. We three kings of Orient are, bearing gifts we travel afar ... hills and mountains--- maybe a fountain? Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree! How lovely are your branches! Silent Night, Ho-uh-lee Night... Nooo-elllll, Nooo-ellll. There was a manger in Beth-uh-luh-hem--- Nooo-ellll, Nooo-elll. Shepherds quake at the site. Holy infant so tender and mild. Christ the Savior is booooorn. Chriiiiist the Savior is BORN! Sing Hal-ay-looo-yah! Joy to the World (all the boys & girls now!) the Lord has come (Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea. Joy to you and me!) Let every hmmm hmmm declare some stuff... and Heaven and Nature sing! Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells. Dashing through the snow in a one-horse open sleigh. Over the hills we go, laughing all the way "Ho Ho Ho! Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?" then how the reindeer loved him. I'll be home for Chriiiistmas, if only in my dreams. Grandma got run over by a reindeer, and the bat mobile lost a wheel, rockin' around the Christmas tree.
There are many other versions, but this one is probably a fair representation of what happens when Mommy Sings Christmas Songs. (I'm not even going to bother running spell check on this post. I wonder if it would cause the computer to implode if I did...) Erin was seriously impressed that I could remember "all of that whole song" until I ruined everything by explaining that my memory was not super-human, and I was just making this stuff up as I go along. Did I mention there's a dance, too?

1 comment:

Laura said...

OK... I see a video, Good Morning American appearance and corporate endorsements in the works. It reminds me of the 'Mom song' set to the William Tell overture. Seriously!!

The mint thing is a tough one, too. You've got me laughing, again!

Laura