Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pain in the Pocketbook

Bad news today. Seriously bad news. My IVIG may no longer be covered under our medical insurance. It will still be covered, but, unfortunately, it may be under our prescription drug plan which means a 20% copay that does not have a maximum out of pocket and requires us to pay for three months at a time. That means the expense on the IVIG just sky-rocketed to within range of our monthly mortgage payment without a cap on maximum out-of-pocket expenses. We're reeling from that news this morning. I have a call in to my immunologist to ask for any suggestions, advice, or treatment options she might be able to offer and another to the nursing service to see if they can get us an answer one way or the other on coverage.
We need prayer, but I honestly don't even know what to ask for at this point. Our every need is always met, but I hate the not knowing how that will happen. What a headache.

No comments: