Monday, December 24, 2007

Girls & Guitars

Miss Katie is playing her green guitar while wearing her green pants and shirt. Unfortunately, Katie only knows one song. Instead of running scales on that green guitar, she is running "Smoke on the Water"... AGAIN. I am heartily tired of "Smoke on the Water". Please, Lord, inspire the child. Her Daddy is teaching her to pick and press the strings, but it is going slowly. It is going much more slowly than my impatient girl would like. She does think she looks really cool holding that green guitar. (And she does look cool, too. Really cool.) The big daughter has a guitar player personality, but I think the little one might just make a bass player like her Daddy. (The boy is a radio or cd player like his Mama.)

Don & Katie combined a bit of Christmas money to purchase a Guitar Hero game. It makes my hair stand on end to see my smallish daughters rocking back and forth to the musical stylings of bands they are not allowed to listen to at any other time. (Groan.) Both daughters have tried to reassure me that they are "not really listening" to the lyrics. I think of how clearly they hear me telling them to put away their laundry, and it is reasonable that they could be playing this game while hearing NOTHING of the words being sung. I guess KT, Blues Monkey, and Erin can play their game while I cringe over the noises coming out of the T.V. I think maybe I would like to go back to the High School Musical singing game now. At least that does not have "Shout at the Devil" anywhere in the line up.

1 comment:

Lori said...

ROCKIN'!!!! Hey! Band chicks rule! Just send the girl to me for the lessons on looking cool and rockin' out on stage! HA!!
Lori