Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Multitude

It is done. Christmas 2007 has come to a close. I personally saw it out laying on the couch watching TLC shows about people with 8,000 children after Don banished me and the crying t.v. babies from the bedroom so he could sleep. I always find those shows fascinating. I figure it's more than I can do some days to keep up with three kids, two dogs, a cat, and a husband. I like to watch the people who do everything I do multiplied by a zillion while pregnant with their eighty-second child. (I watch feeling smug in the effectiveness of my hysterectomy as birth control.) Seriously, I am amazed by the order in the families with older children and the organized chaos in the ones with herds of babies who are usually the result of some sort of crazy-high multiple birth. I am not cut out to parent any more children than I have been blessed with, so I like to watch big families on t.v. I get to feel like I have a clue about the daily life of a big family without the additional pregnancies/adoptions or responsibility. What's not to love?
For those who actually know our family well: as newlyweds, Don and I thought we wanted a bigger family. We were talking more like six kids plus furry friends. Can you imagine three more sweet dumplings raised with our parenting skills?! The idea is worthy of the Thorazine Shuffle. Bahahahahahaha...
EDIT: Katie asked that I show her the Thorazine Shuffle after reading this post over my shoulder. Hee. We explained what Thorazine was so she would not ask anyone else to teach her that dance...

No comments: