Monday, April 28, 2008

Almost May

Huh. It will be May at the end of this week. I was thinking May was a little farther off. Yesterday I was surprised to hear that I could not be part of a potluck dinner being planned for May 18th because I will be in Poland. Say what?!
That's about the craziest thing I have ever heard. I am going to Poland. I am going to Poland in two and a half weeks. Hee. I probably should be less surprised by this news. Actually, I am not so much "surprised" as "still amazed". How odd to find that I am going to be going anywhere, much less a where that cannot be reached by car! I keep thinking that my general wonder will begin to fade, but it has not yet.
There was a little glitch. Our tickets were ordered a while back. The confirmations never showed up in our in-boxes. Lisa discovered that our ticket orders had fallen into some cosmic electronic crack in the universe a few days ago, but she was a little busy at the time since her husband John was preparing for surgery! John's surgery went well, and that poor man endured the wise-cracking of a wall lined with mouthy women like a champ. (We entertained ourselves by claiming to all be his wives as an offshoot sect of FLDS that wore pants.)
Surgery behind them, John spent Saturday morning resting while Lisa tackled our ticket order again. This time we are going through Washington, D.C. to Frankfurt, Germany. Then it will just be a teeny hop to Poznan. (Yay! Yay! Yay!) We are leaving a day sooner. We will fly out the morning of Thursday, May 15th and arrive a little over a day later in Poznan.

1 comment:

Perceptions said...

okay, first of all, i laughed out loud at your "wall lined with mouthy women" comment and then laughed louder when I saw the line about the FLDS wives who wore pants! Holly, you fit right into this crowd! :)
Second, WOO-HOOOOO I'm so excited that y'all will be here so soon!! Joan and I met today to discuss more details of the schedule. OH, it's gonna be so amazing and wonderful and great!