Wednesday, April 30, 2008

See

Today after a topical teaching time at our church for ladies, I was chatting briefly with a friend I have not seen in person in years. I keep up with her via blog. (Yeah, yeah, I know it's not personal, but it beats completely losing touch!) I commented on how I still totally feel like I lack in Bible knowledge even though I am trying to learn. I referred to a study we had done together back in the day, and how I went home after one of the early meetings feeling drained, more than a little beat up, and in some despair of ever having an understanding like she and our other pal had. She looked at me like I had just said, "The moon is made of green cheese!" Then she laughed.
Apparently this gal was leaving the study time feeling that she was the one lacking. (Now it was my turn to laugh.) Seriously, this lady has a testimony that is jaw-droppingly "God-is-so-awesome!" She is a true scholar who seeks after God's word on levels that I cannot fathom existing while I am still clutching John 3:16 and repeating blindly "For God so loved... the... uhhh, world..."
Isn't it funny how we see ourselves so differently from how others see us? It goes a long way in explaining why the idea of "grace" is so hard to grasp. If we cannot even see ourselves as others see us, then how can we possibly comprehend how God sees us through the covering of Christ?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Uh, who is that you are speaking of? For the love of books, who is that person you describe????? I do not recognize her??

Love ya!!
Laura