Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Take It Back

What a relief. The insurance company has taken back their original denial of my January IVIG claim. I am so much more okay with meeting our deductible than trying to pay out the $5,000 total bill, and getting hit with more to come since we have already done two more rounds with February and March behind us! I get tired of having to fight and/or beg for insurance claims that are well within our stated coverage to be paid.
If I walk into any retail store and want to buy something, I will be expected to pay the seller at the point of sale. The grocery store won't let me waltz out the door with food that I have not paid for because once it is consumed, the food is GONE. It cannot be returned. Well, guess what?! Neither can the blood product the nurse runs through my IV every month. (That would be one bizarre attempt at repossession.) It's just completely silly.

No comments: