Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yard Art

While not the classic yardbird or lawn gnome of yesteryear, I think our choice of lawn decor is a bold choice. I found it highly entertaining to return home from Wal-Mart to discover a potty in the front yard. Be still my white-trash heart. I could practically hear "Sweet Home Alabama" playing somewhere...
Okay, so the toilet was only in the front yard temporarily because Don was replacing our 20 year old (manufactured in February, 1988 per the date stamp inside the tanks) toilets with newer, more efficient potties. It's not exactly a glamorous home-improvement project, but I am curious to see how the new potties affect our water bill.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say leave it and plant geraniums in the bowl! Come on!

Cindy Martin said...

We have so much in common! We had an old bath tub on our front lawn, but it was there for almost 2 weeks. How wonderful is that?! I be the neighbors were glad we moved in. I had a friend encourage me to saw it in half, flip it on its side, and put a plastic Virgin Mary and Baby Jesus in it. Believe me, I was tempted.