Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dollar

Lisa and I have our flights booked for Operation: Prayer Surge! The weakening dollar is not doing us any favors as our in-country costs rise a bit and fuel for the planes that will haul us over the Atlantic gets pricier by the day. Still, a puny dollar is one more opportunity for a big God's provision to shine. It's less about a financial setback, than an opportunity in my mind.
Sure enough, yesterday I had word of a shortfall in my support. Rather than fret over that, we purchased plane tickets.
This morning, I heard from the same source who had communicated the shortfall that it was much smaller than originally believed due to a slight miscalculation. An hour later, a friend e-mailed to say her husband would be round with a check they had been meaning to give me toward the trip. See? It was not a shortfall. It was just an hour of anticipating what rabbit God would pull out of His hat.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow. I love to hear of our God in real situations doing real things like that. I cannot believe your trip is so soon! We will be leaving on the same day for some R&R in South Texas... it will be easy for me to remember all of you in prayer.

It truly is amazing that Ralph's recovery has come about so quickly to allow this trip to continue. The entire situation renders me speechless.

Love ya,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Incredible how faith can move you past insecurity. Thank God for providing for you in this endeavor!