Sunday, April 6, 2008

Speak To Me

I have not actually given up on learning a few words and phrases in Polish in the next few weeks. I think the desire was sitting back-burnered after discovering the level of difficulty involved in learning that particular language. (My lack of ability to comprehend Spanish after 34 years in Texas might have colored my thoughts on that!)
Evan and I were in our favorite used book store yesterday. I have looked for books that are in any way related to Poland with very little success there in the past months. Yesterday was different because I found a computer program that claims it can teach me Polish tucked away in the software section. I picked up a copy for myself and one for Lisa. Evan and I dropped Lisa's copy by her house and heard a quick update on Ralph before heading back home with our bonus Polish audio cd carefully pronouncing words and questions. The sounds still seem strange to me, but I am hoping that they will become more familiar in the weeks to come.

No comments: