Monday, April 7, 2008

Christmas Comes Again

I've been occupied putting away a batch of treasures that arrived over the weekend. In response to our Christmas tree toppling several months ago and my drama over my Christmas Tree china being outsourced to China and Malaysia, my aunt made a decision. She, who is personally responsible for my love of Spode Christmas Tree, pulled out her own treasured pieces and sent them along with her Christmas tree decorations. As I was sorting through the ornaments, I came across a box that looked familiar. My favorite ornament that has always graced our family Christmas tree (a gift to Don and I from my Grandmother the Christmas we were engaged to be married) was among those broken when the tree went over several months ago. The duplicate ornament was very carefully tucked away in the original box in my aunt & uncle's ornaments. I know it is a thing, and that possessions are not our lives, but I still cried over that ornament. What a gift!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! What a gift!