Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Up and Out

I woke up in the middle of the night, and it was that full-on BAM! wide-awake. No point in trying to roll back over to stare into the quasi-darkness, so I rolled out of bed to ponder the thoughts of Ralph Adler that had awakened me. It's a weird world when I wake up thinking of Ralph. Now that it is actually time to be awake, I am irritable. That will probably change in the next 20 minutes. I'm out the door for this morning's breakfast with a friend I have not seen since October.

We haven't really had the opportunity for a heart-to-heart one-on-one time in far longer. She's the kind of friend who I can not see or have any communication with for a year, but the second we are in contact it's as if no time at all had passed. I love those comfortable, long-time friendships.

No comments: