Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cutting

I am scrapbooking feverishly. Erin is still waiting patiently for me to do her baby book. (I'm only seven and a half years behind.) I'm chronologically two months and one week from her birthday. In the photos I am as big as a house. I have tried pointing out that she is in the pictures... that she is the gigantic belly. That answer fails to satisfy Little Bit.

I am up to a fatal... er, fateful weekend in September, 2000. I am putting together a rather odd scrapbook entry of a wedding with as little of the bride as possible. I have cut her out of every most photos. My brother's ill-fated marriage to the female referred to within the family by many unflattering terms was a weekend when our family gathered. Many photos were taken. Evan and Katie were the ring bearer and flower girl. Don and my cousin Kirk were in the wedding party. I want to enjoy the photos of our family, but I am trying to work around the soul-sucking Evil Empress. (Not that Jim is perfect. I just love him better.) I'll be glad to finish up with those photos so I can move on along to the wonder of our Erin Elizabeth's arrival to complete our family. (That's my assumption. We will happily raise any kids that happen to be left on our doorstep. It just hasn't happened thus far.)

No comments: