Monday, March 17, 2008

Inbox

Interesting what sits in my overly full e-mail inbox just waiting for me to get around to cleaning it out. In the first couple of dozen messages I discovered an e-mail from a friend who I genuinely intended to meet for breakfast in February, and another where we were thinking sometime in March. (I followed up on that one in hopes of seeing her before April.) Another e-mail had a different friend's response to a prayer request I sent in late January. I was rather pleased to now know the answer to that prayer: a combination of "yes" and "not-so-much". I quickly sent off a response detailing the answer.
I reread the progression of e-mails where I sought prayer requests for the GCM long-term missionaries in Poland. I saw the responses beginning with Lisa (roommate for May, current Tuesday a.m. breakfast buddy, and sister of Shelley in Poland) filling me in on the needs she knew of for Shelley and copying Shelley. Shelley soon responded. Prayer circulated via e-mail, and the congregation in Poznan discovered that their God was big enough to have prayers for Poles from an unknown American. God used the wonder of the Polish believers regarding one American's prayers to bring about the idea of many prayers being sent via e-mail to be read to the congregation. Out of that flurry of e-mails came an invitation. The missionaries invited a team to pray for Poland--- in Poland.
I just didn't want to delete that series of e-mails. I dumped them into a file in Outlook so I can reread them when my personal outlook needs an adjustment. Today is St. Patrick's Day. It's the day the kids visit the Houston Rodeo. Those are not likely to be the reasons why I mark this day in my mind and heart. Today marks the ticker in my head where we move to less than two months until departure for Operation: Prayer Surge. I'm still floored by the idea that God would offer such an adventure.

No comments: