Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dressing Up

Easter Sunday. Last night I was imitating the sort of conversation we were likely to have while getting ready this morning. I was giving my stellar performance in the hair care aisle of Wal-Mart. I know it was stellar because another Mom (who was also attempting to pick out hair accessories to match both her daughters' tastes and their Easter dresses) laughed and commented that our house sounded like hers. The mental images being drawn were of tears and recriminations, dresses in need of ironing, complaints about tights, and audible eye rolling. Sure enough, our morning preparations for church this morning involved the usual wrangling of children, errant hair, tight schedules, and wardrobe malfunctions. I had a mini-war with the surplice neckline of my dress. I eventually triumphed over gaping necklines by bringing in the big guns--- a safety pin and scotch tape.

No comments: