Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yesterday

Sooo. I typed yesterday's blog post before hearing of all the challenges being faced by a couple of my OPS teammates. I am doubly glad to have focused on the blessings of my own family so I could be well-prepared to pray for theirs. It was a weird day. I'm not too sure what God is telling us right now. It's time to purchase plane tickets, but I cannot separate my own self-interest (i.e. I want to go, and I want to go with my buddy. I'm a big fan of the buddy system.) sufficiently to offer any counsel to my travel partner who is facing situations at home that could preclude her going.

I wish I was a big enough person to be wholly able to turn away from my own hopes and to focus only on the need of my friend at this time. I continue to pray for the family situations that are outstanding while also praying that God will give us very clear direction on when we should proceed with the purchase of our airline tickets as the prices rise and flights with few stops are still available.

On the subject of my "wants", I am amused because Don and I drove out to look at the Barbie Dream House again yesterday morning after breakfast. (He thought it would be fun to go dream-a-little-dream as we marked our anniversary. I'm going wherever he is headed.) We walked through the cavernous 2,300 square feet of pure possibility and wondered again if we were crazy to not pursue it. A few hours later we picked up our copies of the latest church-wide Bible study. It is dealing with materialism. Hee. I wonder if our house hopes are an example of greed, or if we are reasonably hoping for more space for our family?

No comments: